Razer have just introduced a new gaming tablet at CES with quite good specs (i7 woot!).
The form factor, however, leaves a lot to be desired in the opinion of this writer. The tablet has, what seems to look like, twoMove‘s strapped onto either side.
Razer have stated that they would like to release it in tandem with Windows 8. This would be very cool as not only would you have a very powerful handheld tablet but there could also be docking station to use the handheld as a PC.
That’s cool, but sometimes PCs are just better. Razer stated they wanted to release the tablet for less than $1000 but with that sort of money, people could simply buy a gaming PC and it would upgradable as well.
The jury is out on this one for now.
For more coverage on the tablet click here or watch the video below:
- Razer’s Latest Project is a Gaming PC Trapped in the Body of a Tablet [Razer] (kotaku.com)
- Razer Fiona: A Gaming PC Trapped In The Body Of A Tablet (gizmodo.com.au)
- Razer Project Fiona concept hints at power of portable Windows 8 (ces.cnet.com)
- Razer Project Fiona gaming tablet revealed (slashgear.com)
- Engadget fiddles with Razer’s ‘Project Fiona’ (joystiq.com)